Tuesday, March 23, 2010
I'm moving out and closing on April 20th. That's right - just four weeks from today.
My next two weeks will be filled with my best friend coming into town (we're going skiing this weekend) and checking out new houses on the market.
The following two weeks will be filled with packing for the new place.
And, undoubtedly, the weeks that follow will be getting my new place in order and hoping that my dog remembers that it's okay to poop when not the place she used to call home.*
All in all, I'm excited. I can't wait to be proud of the place that I live again. I can't wait to have guests over for dinner without sheepishly apologizing for my place.
I'm excited and optimistic and oh-so very thankful...
*When I moved into my current place, Chassis didn't apparently get the memo that we wouldn't be going back to my old house. She didn't poop for 4 days. And trust me, when the 170 pound dog that doesn't poop for 4 days FINALLY does poop? It's not so fantastic.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Which is weird. I used to say that my blog was like Seinfeld - about nothing. Now I can safely say that my blog is nothing. I mean, if I don't update, then that's what you get...nothing.
So, as my friend turleybenson asked on my Facebook page the other day, WHAT GIVES?
I feel swamped. I feel swamped at work, at home, and in my personal life.
Highlights of my life include (but are not limited to):
- Running my very first 7K (which happened this past Sunday) - it was snowing at the end of it, but it was good.
- Getting my house ready to be put on the market. This, in itself, was a colossal undertaking and one that I owe my boyfriend many many thanks (and/or BJs) for helping me with. Seriously, I decided to put it up on the market only a few weeks before it happened - and that is NUTS. Painting, rearranging, building new furniture, and moving half of my stuff into storage all within a few weeks felt crazy.
- Putting my house on the market (and having two (yes, only TWO) showings)
- Getting worried about whether my house will sell or not - I mean, two showings is not exactly a great start.
- Deciding not to worry about whether my house will sell or not.
- Reminding myself that I decided to not worry about whether my house will sell or not.
- Spending all weekend at my boyfriend's place (which is very very sweet of him) in hopes that us being gone will mean that more showings will just happen.
- Work stuff has piled up. I mean, I'm actually (gasp!) working while at work. The nerve of my company apparently knows no bounds!!
- Dinners with friends...two weeks ago, I had dinner/activity plans every night. In the weeks since, I've limited it to just a few things each week, but YIKES it's tiring to keep up with sometimes!
I'm busy. And I want nothing more than to spend a day on my couch numbing myself with a good book, a glass or two of wine, and my Slanket.
YES, that's right, I have a Slanket. And I love it.
In the midst of all of this, I'm trying to remember the funny stuff as it happens so that I can write about it and keep you all abreast.