Friday, December 09, 2005

How not to end a date...

So, since joining this thing, I've caught up with some people that I've lost touch with along the way - this always leads to the question of what my relationship status is...which got me thinking about a couple of the most recent dates I've been on.

One of the dates ended with an out-of-the-blue question: "So, are we going to make out or what?" It was out of the blue because we had not been flirting or even remotely talking about doing anything like that after the date. In fact, during dinner the major discussion point was of how he dislocated his dog's eye ball with a tennis ball at the dog park. I know what you're wondering, so I'll just answer the questions: (1) no, I am not making up the story - he really did discuss that in painful detail during dinner, and (2) I didn't know that an eyeball could be dislocated either.

The next date ended with another question of "So, they're double d's right?" This was said looking at my chest. I was shocked and said the only thing I could think of, which was "I can't believe you just asked me that!" To which he responded, "Because I'm right?" That he was right was hardly the point....

2 comments:

McG said...

So... are we gonna make out or what? Who cares if I am right?!

Anonymous said...

Dislocating an eyeball, huh? I don't know what the problem is, Daisy- it sounds like a perfectly good run-up to the make out question to me. ;P