I don't like cats. They are evil.
I don't like them. To be fair, I guess I should say that I don't like 99% of them...since I haven't met EVERY cat. To date, there are three cats that I have liked a lot. Their names were Clyde, Calvin, and Link. And only one is still alive.
Reasons I don't like most cats:
1. They seem to be mean. You pet them and they purr and purr and purr...that is until they bite you. You have about 0.1 seconds of warning. And then just pain. I don't get it. They're clearly enjoying it. I'm not changing how hard I press or where I'm petting...they just bite for no reason.
2. Cat Scratch Fever is NOT just a catchy tune. Lance was bitten/scratched by a cat and had to go to the hospital and have surgery because of it.
3. They walk on counter tops... the same counter tops that you prepare food on.
4. I am allergic to them.
5. They scratch the furniture. And since you can't really crate a cat, you really can't have any preventative measures.
6. They are hard to train.
7. They walk all over you whenever THEY want to.
8. They are finicky eaters.
9. They suffocate babies.
10. They don't want to be cuddled or loved on.
11. They are not like dogs.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want bad things to happen to cats. And I don't think that all dogs are fantastic. I like well behaved dogs - and I guess that's my issue with cats. You can't train them...so they're like ill-behaved children running around.
The cat pictured above is my dad's cat, Talley. She is also crazy. But she sort of looks like a muppet...and that makes me half-way like her.