Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Why you should join Facebook and why my friends want to de-friend me

I'm a smart ass. This we know.

But once upon a time, a long long time ago, I wasn't such a smart ass - at least not out loud. I mean, I still thought the same comments, but for some reason I tried to not let others know, for fear they would think I was bullying them.

These days, I've embraced my smart-ass-ness. I really just want to be funny. I am never a smart ass with the intent to hurt someone's feelings. So if I find out that it offended them, I am quick to say I'm sorry.

But the thing is, some of my friends from a long time ago don't know that. And so now I'm on Facebook and I can't help being a smart ass. BECAUSE IT'S FUNNY.

So like this morning... I was on Facebook and saw a "friend" (I'll call him Sam Bird - but that is clearly not his name) who had a picture of his two little kids. His kids, for the record, are cute. I mean, I'm not sure if they're cute in the face or not, but their bodies are cute. Here is the picture.

Cute right? But also, really funny to me. So I posted this comment:

"Okay - after being on here a week, I decided to break down and ask.
Is your daughter:
a) stuck in a pumpkin
b) eating the shell of a pumpkin
c) throwing up the everclear that you put in her bottle in the most convenient place (i.e. a recently hollowed out pumpkin)?"

His response:
"Ha, hi Anne, it's been a long time.
No, when your 2.5 your arms are short enough that when you reach to the bottom you head happens to come in contact with the top of the pumpkin."

Gramatical errors aside, I think his response is funny. First, um...yeah, I did not actually think you spiked your kids' sippy cup. Because that's just mean. Or very helpful and useful. I don't quite know because I don't have kids.

What I do think is VERY funny is his first line: Ha, hi Anne, it's been a long time. As in, "Boy Anne, you are not funny. And quite honestly, you exhaust me. It's been a long time, but not long enough if you're going to post comments like that on pictures that I love of my innocent kids. Also, I'm de-friending you."

So there you have it. If you haven't joined Facebook (cough cough - that means you) you are missing out on me posting smartass comments on YOUR photos.

And that is the gift that keeps on giving.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, it is easy to to see why you wouldn't know if their faces are cute!! Still, those are some REALLY short arms, even for a 2.5 year old!

I will never de-friend you....hugs and kisses and daisies!

Levi said...

I had one person defriend me but I didn't know her to begin with. Then in real life once I had a friend say she didn't want to be friends anymore.
F*&k her.

SuperDave said...

Fuuny pics

Craig said...

I think the children are doing two different things. The one with the bow may be trying to read scripture Joseph Smith style. The one without a bow seems to be trying to eat raw pumpkin. I'm not sure which is more disturbing.

Newspaper set out in the driveway. This family must not own a hose - you should get them one for Christmas. Then maybe they would re-facebook friend you.

Anonymous said...

Maybe those aren't pumpkins.
Maybe they're growths? Are those defriending - worthy?