Saturday, December 29, 2007

Back in the saddle again...

So, I'm finally willing to date again. It's been over six months, but I think that even though I knew I *could* date again, I wasn't ready to really let go and try to trust again.

Last night, I went to go see a friend's band - they're friends that I met through my ex and it was SO great to see them again. Really - it felt like slipping into a comfy sweatshirt - just good, fun, and reminded me of how much I missed them.

Anyway, my friend Mel asked if I had been seeing anyone and of course, I said "I'm seeing you right now!" :) Yeah, not my best material, but how could I not take that bait? :)

Alright, I have been on one date since June - and it was absolutely horrible. You know when you say something funny and the other person just looks at you with this "WTF" expression on their face? Yeah...that was how pretty much the whole date went. Needless to say, there was not another one.

But alas, I digress. So, my friend Mel (and her hubby Chad) are going to set me up with one of their friends. He seems like he'd be a nice guy and he's never been to jail for being a pedophile so I'm guessing it'll be okay. Don't get me wrong, I don't have high hopes, but it's just nice to feel like I'm going to be back out there again. And for now, that's good enough. :)

On a side note, if you know of any single, funny, nice guys you should hook a sista' up! :)

No comments: