Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm sorry that it's come to this...

A little while ago, I read a blog where a person was complaining about spammers commenting on her blog. I remembered that I wished that I had that problem... I didn't even rank high enough to have spammers comment!

Well, the last few days, I've actually gotten what I wished for.

Several spammers are commenting about stuff that I couldn't care less about - sometimes even in a different language!

Although I don't want to put my comments on moderation and I *hate* captcha almost more than I hate olives, I'm going to have to do it. Unless one of you guys have hints on how to dissuade spammers in another way...do you?

And just in case*, I'm going to go ahead and wish for a bouquet of flowers to be delivered to me. Daisies are my preference.


*When I was in fourth grade (and had a crush on a certain someone), I was in the same class as a kid by the name of David Case. I don't remember much about him, other than he was TINY and had the curliest hair. Really it was the most beautiful hair...big blonde curls that any angel would've loved to have had. Anyway, David was good friends with a boy named Justin (whose last name I don't remember). One day, we were supposed to be doing our work and David said aloud that it was a good think that Justin wasn't born into his family or his name would've been Justin Case. And now I can't even THINK the words "Just In Case" without thinking of him.

So, to David, I say: Thanks a lot, jerkface.

9 comments:

Missy said...

I really don't mind the captcha stuff. It's easier than moderation.

And so funny about Justin Case! I had a crush on a kid, in fifth or sixth grade, named Brian Case. He was sooo cute!

Florida Food Snob said...

I will comment even with captcha! Thanks for all of your kind words this week :-)

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I always like to reply to the spammers, as if they were adding something valuable to the conversation. Of course, I disable their link first so that their effort was a complete waste of time.

kristi said...

Just as long as you leave your comment box available...

Justin Case is really funny. Made me LOL.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I think you're gonna have to do the captcha-reed-capshaw thingy. (Whatever.)

I SO FUNNY!

Jen said...

Justin Case too funny and Lisa, reed caphsaw?? You girls are so funny!!! Yeah I am afraid the word verification is the only option I know! Stupid Spammers!!!

Ginger said...

You make me laugh! There are all kinds of stuff I remember because someone made a jackass comment about it. But right now I can't think of any, except for Mr. Lambrecht saying rehearsal as in you re hear it.. re hear.. to hear again..
(sigh)

Lisa R said...

Thank you for the fabulous prizes! It is safe to say that none of my friends have anything quite the same (esp the part that came in a separate sealed envelop with a warning on the front). I was not a big winner on the lottery ticket, but appreciated the chance to play. Good luck with your future contests! Thanks for the great gifts! FUN!

Sally said...

Unfortunately, I have to moderate the comments that are sent to me. It's either that or I get a boatload of comments about dildos. Seriously.