Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stereotype

For the ladies out there, I have a question for you. Is it just me or are you discouraged when the following scenario happens?

There is a car in front of you that is swerving, driving horribly, changing lanes without turn signals, being a slow merger or being just a general dorkfish when it comes to driving. When you happen to pass them, you notice that it's a female. And she's on the phone or texting or doing her make-up or knitting or anything else that she shouldn't be doing...

Because when I see that, I want to shake that woman and tell her that she is perpetuating the stereotype that women are bad drivers!

Alternately, when it's a guy, I'm slightly relieved.

Just me? Okay then.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Nope. Not just you.

And I also have the sense of humor of Beavis...

It's probably a good thing that we don't live anywhere near each other ;)