Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's more of a coral...

Alright, I wasn't honest with you.

On Sunday when I was writing about a new hobby I didn't write about the one that I have been thinking about for a couple of months. Biking.

Yes, I know - I have the physique of a cyclist. I get that all the time. :) But really, it seems fun, it'd be something to help me be healthier, and it'd be a great stress reliever.

So yesterday, my boss, Larry, and I went to Treads here in town and looked at the bikes. All during work, I checked out reviews and figured out the best bike for me, at this time. After work, I went back, test drove one, and bought it. It's so cute! :) I put the box around the part of the frame that helps show the detailing.
I'm not sure if you can see from the pictures, but it's a Trek Women's bike. It's a cross bike - good for riding on bike paths or a little bit of brush. It's technically "light salmon" but it looks like more of a retro orange. Not too wild about the color, but in this brand/level there was either this color or white. And I didn't want white. A friend asked if it was coral...and I'd have to say, yes...it's coral (that's my middle name for those who don't know). :)

I did ride it around yesterday -the bike shop had a bunch of bike paths next to it - so I took it out for about 30 minutes yesterday before I bought it. After a slight freak out that I would crash and go over my handlebars, I got the hang of it again and was riding like the cool person I am. :) Really, it was so much fun. It's amazing how many fun memories it brought back...I really truly enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. :)

And for the ladies out there, I will say that there have been SO many advances in bikes since I was a kid. I think the last time I was on a bike was in 8th or 9th grade when Jill and I rode to 7-11. For the record, she is the one that stole the map. So yeah, almost 20 years later and I'm on a bike again. They change gears SO smoothly and are much more comfortable for women than what they used to be. The seat? MUCH better. :)

Now all that's left is the horn. :) This is the one that I do want. It's not retro, but look how FUN it is. :)

And for those that like to know, after I got it out of my MINI (yes, it fits inside, you just have to take the front wheel off...and I have quick release wheels) and put it together and brought it inside the house, Chassis was TERRIFIED of it. She wouldn't go anywhere near it. I put it in my kitchen, next to the door and it took me giving her treats just to get her outside. And even then, as she got closer, she'd just BOLT out the door or in the door. So we both have some adjustments to make to the bike. :)

No comments: