Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Baby, it's cold inside

Remember when my fridge didn't work?  

So I went out and bought a fridge this weekend, only the earliest that they could deliver it was tonight.  So I've been making due and have actually survived pretty well sans cold things. :)  

Tonight I was taking all the magnets, funny pieces of paper, and meaningful notes down from my fridge when I realized that I should just check to make sure that the fridge would fit out the rear door of my house...I shifted it out of it's hole (the fridge-hole if you will) and it turned on and started working...it has been working ever since.

So, long story short, I was able to re-schedule my delivery date of the new fridge for Saturday just in case the fridge decided to not work again.  In the meantime, I'm going to have a repairman come and check out the electrical side of it to make sure that there isn't a short or anything in the fridge.   If it's still working by Saturday, I'm going to cancel my fridge order and save myself some money! :)  Yay!

Thanks to my buddy, Lance, I was able to understand that fridges only break when your compressor breaks - the thing that actually makes your fridge/freezer cold.  If the power is off (i.e. no light) then it is something electrical and therefore unlikely to lead to a complete fridge replacement.

Oh, and Kelly said that her inspector told her refrigerators typically last 10 -15 years...so I should be okay for awhile.

Yay! :)

No comments: