Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's like PRISON!

So I've started saying, "It's like PRISON!" at work...

This started a couple of months ago when I was talking about the DMV. They're not great in any state - I'm assuming. But they're especially horrible in Denver. Really. These witches think that just because you HAVE to do business (i.e. license your vehicles, show proof of insurance, etc.) with them they can treat you like poop. I made the statement that it was like prison to have to deal with them (I still stand by my comment, by the way. I mean, the similarities are disarming!).

At any rate, I've been saying it mainly because it reminds me that nothing is THAT bad. So when I start complaining about someone or something that I don't like, I have been following it up with "It's like PRISON!" or something similar just to remind myself that it really is not a big deal. Plus, it's funny to those who sit around me.

So today we had a Lunch N' Learn at work. It's where someone brings in lunch and we learn about something. Oooh, snazzy title! :) I know... you didn't see it coming. Anyway, we had this lunch and they brought in 87 feet of Subway sandwiches. Okay, really it was like 12...but there were only 9 of us. And none of us are pregnant, bulimic, or even trying to put on weight. But alas, I digress.

In my effort to slim down my womanly figure, I opted for mustard as my only condiment. I looked around for the knives and couldn't find any...so to be funny, I said, "Geez! This place doesn't even have knives. It's like PRISON!" and walked out of the room to get one from the lunchroom. As I was walking away, I heard our presenter (someone from another company) ask, "Wow. I never would've thought she had done time!"

(sigh)

3 comments:

turleybenson said...

mmmmm....I want a sandwich....

kristi said...

Now that... is funny!!! Not that this is anywhere near as funny as your story, but last year when we were having all the wildfires and there was literally ash snowing from the sky, I once blurted out "This is like freakin' Pompeii!" and everyone cracked up. It became the ubiquitous saying anytime we were outside. (For those who didn't find that funny, the City of Pompeii was buried under 8-10 feet of ash by Mt. Vesuvius.)

McG said...

OMG! Sounds like you may have met your match with your presenter. :)