Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Laffy Taffy = hope? :)

Remember that candy, Laffy Taffy? It's the one that has a taffy-like substance in the wrapper in various flavors. On the outside of the wrapper there are jokes. Written by kids, submitted by kids, and probably printed on a printing machine run by kids.

Lance keeps these stocked at his desk for people. Personally I keep Jolly Ranchers, but hey, what is the company I work for other than a melting pot of candy concoctions? :)

Anyway, yesterday these were the "jokes" on mine: What kind of cat likes water? An octo-puss.

The last one on the wrapper said this: What kind of ship never sinks? Friendship.

Oh... Laffy Taffy. I hope you're right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it. I was always fond of *Magic 8 Ball*. Answers such as "Outlook Good" were my favorite, but hey...I've always been what you might call an optimist.

Happy Fun Pants said...

I'm usually an optimist as well... but sometimes it's hard to keep your hopes up. It's nice to have a little reassurance that someone else has faith in what seems unlikely too. Heck, I'll even settle for someone shaking a Magic 8 Ball. :)

"Outlook Good"... I like that. MUCH better than "Not Likely" or that pesky "Try Again Later."