Friday, May 16, 2008

Now that's what I call random...

This morning, on my way to work, I put my iPod on random.

The songs are what came on (and no, I'm not making this up - this is not exactly the best example of the cool songs that are on my iPod):

"Hungry Like A Wolf" Duran Duran
"No Hay Igual" Nelly Furtado
"Touch of Grey" Grateful Dead *
"Goodnight and Thank you" Madonna/Antonio Banderas from the Evita Soundtrack
"Gangsta's Paradise" Coolio**
"Shut Up and Let Me Go" The Ting-Tings
"I'm My Own Grandpa" The Muppets ***
"Girlfriend" Avril Lavigne
"Crazy Love (Acoustic)" Van Morrison and Bob Dylan
"Dead Parrot Sketch" Monty Python ***
"Too Much Stereo" The Urge
"Declaration of Dependence" Steven Curtis Chapman

* This would be the only Grateful Dead song I can stand. I think it has something to do with the fact that they're dead in the video and a dog runs around with the dummer's bone in his mouth. I do like the little stoned bear that is their mascot though (he makes me want to eat gummy bears - which might be the same effect they have on stoners). Sorry, Beej.

** I didn't even know that I had this song on my iPod. Michelle Pfieffer would be proud. And if she hadn't had so much plastic surgery, I'm sure we could tell that she'd be smiling.

*** I had to skip past these this morning. 7 AM is too early to hear songs about weird potential incest from socks or a sketch about dead parrots.

No comments: