Monday, October 06, 2008

I see bowl cuts for my kids in the future

Today I tried to do something that I KNOW I can't do successfully. I attempted to cut my own hair (really, just my bangs).

While I'm not saying that it's the worst cut I've ever received (see pretty much all of my pictures from when I was a kid where my mom attempted to cut a straight line), it's also not the best. I guess I figured it wouldn't be too hard since I already had a guide line to follow. Turns out not so much.

I now recognize that cutting hair, even with a guide line, is very difficult. I mean, I've watched "Shear Genius"* and I've had some HORRIBLE hairdressers in my lifetime so you'd think that this wouldn't be news to me. I would love to save the money to cut my kids** hair, but it really would have to be with a bowl on their head...and even then I can't promise that it wouldn't look like their mom has serious crack-whore like problems.

My experiences today confirmed that although I AM skilled at Spider Solitaire, I am not skilled at doing anything with scissors.

Except for possibly running with them.

*by the way, my ex looks quite a bit like Charlie from this past season's "Shear Genius" - except for my ex was straight and would never wear a skinny jean.

** no - you didn't miss anything. I don't have any kids, but it's always good to plan ahead, right?

1 comment:

Maddie said...

My older sister once "trimmed" 8 inches off my hair. It was horrible.