Friday, October 17, 2008

Why I peed my pants on the way to work today...

I got into my car this morning with cute hair, casually stylish clothes, and happy about the simple fact that it is Friday. I picked up the phone, called my friend, and began driving to work.

While on the highway (in the left lane with no shoulder to the left of me), travelling at somewhere between 73 and 78 miles per hour, I noticed significant movement in the back of my car. IN MY CAR. For a split second I thought "Did I stop at a gas station recently where someone could crawl into my car and then try to kill me?" I realized that that did not happen and besides, no semi was behind me flashing their brights trying to save me. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, please read this. I get that in an email at least once every 3 months.

So then I thought it was a bird but realized that maybe it was a baby bird because it was sort of small...and while I was still trying to figure out what exactly it was, a dark brown moth the size of a 15 pound burger FLEW up at me - trying to attack my face. I screamed like a little girl, dropped my cell phone in my lap, and frantically reached for the buttons to try to roll down the windows. After I did so and realized that the moth probably flew out the window, I chuckled to myself about how scared I was.

Relieved, I picked back up my phone and said, "Whew...sorry about that. I was looking in my rearview mirror and realized that a living thing was in my car. And OH MY GOSH! IT'S BACK! AHGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! AHHHH! AHHHH!!!!" because the moth was now on my side of the car flying up and freaking out ALMOST as much as I was. Apparently it didn't want to get out into the 40 degree weather either.

We went through the unrolling of the windows another time until I finally decided to leave the driver's window rolled down for the rest of the way to work. I got inside our building and Lance (who's cube is right by the door) said "Wow. What happened to your hair this morning?" because my hair looked like that lady that asked John McCain the question about Obama being a terrorist and an Arab.

(sigh)

I gave him the finger.

1 comment:

monica k said...

OMG ... thanks for the Friday morning laugh!! :-) Seems your morning took a turn in a not so fabulous direction ... at least its still Friday!! LOL The rest of the day has got to go smoother ... just sayin