Monday, October 27, 2008

Modular

It's been one week since I had my new bed delivered.

I was hoping that all my pain would disappear, but it turns out that the cause of my pain is me. Story. Of. My. Life. I still have the pain when I sleep even with this super fancy schmancy bed. So I've started to keep a sleep journal (just as exciting as it sounds - which is to say that it's not exciting at all) to try to narrow down for my doctors why I have such intense pain when I am sleeping.

Most days I'm just sore, but Thursday night I was in a lot of pain. So there's that.

I haven't decided if I want to return my bed to Sleep Number or if I want to keep it - I'm trying to be practical about it, but am really not donating lots of time to it. I guess I'm still hoping that one of these mornings I'll wake up and be able to jump out of bed, click my heels like the Irish person I am, and then go about my merry way, being free of pain. Hmmm...maybe I should keep a flask by my bed.

Anyway, a week ago, when the new bed was being delivered, I went home to meet the delivery guy. He was a nice guy and was pretty chatty as he was setting up the bed. The bed comes in a ton of different boxes - it's built right before your eyes.

Me: Wow. I guess I'm surprised with how modular it is!

Him: Ha! It's funny that you would say that. Modular. The only people that have used that term are dorky engineers.

Me: *cough* *cough* Um...that's me.

Him: What?

Me: I am a dorky engineer.

Him: Oh. Really? Hmm...weird. Modular.

6 comments:

SuperDave said...

You keep a sleep journal. Fun, fun, fun you redheaded Irish gals are.. :)
2 of my coworkers have sleep # beds and they hate em. Maybe its all that green tea you've been drinking. hehe

Jen said...

Hey Anne, I too have been having pain in the morning. Once I am up and around I am great but I feel so achy and stiff when I wake up. Last November, I threw out my back from lifting a really heavy box and since then it's been pretty bad. The other night I had a really hard time sleeping, It felt like my arms and legs were super heavy and even becoming numb. Ok I am sure that was a lot more information that you cared to read but anyhoo, do you have any of the same symptoms? Hope it gets better soon and you get a good night sleep!

Ginger said...

I too have pain in the morning in my neck and back. Instead of actually trying to help myself, I simply whine to anyone/anything that will listen - Rich, the cat, the chrysanthemums. I think it's because I'm getting old.. Or because I don't eat right, exercise, pray, or do anything else that would actually be helpful. Yup. I blame age. That way I can effectively do nothing about it. Totally modular, right!

Jen said...

Man do we sound like a bunch of OLD ladies!! How old are we again? Hee!

Happy Fun Pants said...

Jen - I have the same pain you're referring to every day. The pain that I get often these days is a piercing pain on my back - near my right rib. But about 15 minutes after I wake up, it's completely gone - and I don't have it again until I have been laying down for a couple of hours.

It's miserable. I hope no one else has that.

JeffSC said...

Greetings from Sleep Number! My name is Jeff and I work with Select Comfort's online customer service team. We'd like to take a few moments to see if we can help you become more comfortable in your new Sleep Number bed. We have lots of great tips for finding your perfect sleep number here http://www.beds.com/blog/sleep-number-bed-tips/ as well as blog posts on www.beds.com full of useful information from owners such as yourself. Please feel free to contact customer service at 1-800-472-7185 to talk with one of our sleep experts to see if there is anything we can do to help you. We can also offer an extension to your trial period if you would like. We're here to help!

Jeff
I'm a 55!