Friday, February 06, 2009

Makin' music...out of nothin' at all

My friend, Rex, used to say that he would always put on an Air Supply album if he invited a girl over and wanted to get lucky. And by "lucky" I think he meant holding her hand or perhaps comparing how far they'd travel to see Christopher Cross in concert.

Anyway, last night I made a great mix of some of my favorite mellow artists from Van Morrison to Marc Broussard. I'd call it my make-out mix, but let's be honest, I'm not exactly doing a lot of that these days. This mix has a subtly sexy vibe that goes just as well with a glass of wine and a bubble bath as it would entertaining someone in my place.

Listening to it at work (as I am today) seems somehow slightly (and delightfully) naughty...like wearing sexy underwear under jeans and a t-shirt.

It's decadent...and just the kind of spoiling I needed today.

4 comments:

Patty said...

Good for you. It's always fun to be the only one in on a little secret.

Amy said...

Too Funny :)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Um, can I get a copy of that mix?

SuperDave said...

I used to love Air Supply! Man that brings back memories.
Sry I have been so busy lately and haven't visited..
:(