Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thank goodness for HULU

So I called DirecTV on Saturday morning and explained what had happened and what I tried to do to fix it. And they were all "Yup. Sounds broken."

So they swore that they'd have the new HD DVR to me on Monday. When I came back from skiing last night, I rushed to my door like the Christmas that I was 5 and I asked Santa for a pony. And was equally as disappointed with what was waiting for me (i.e. my neighbor standing on his lawn in a robe). And oh, how I wish I was kidding about that.

So I'm hoping that it'll be here tonight. But like Great White sings, I'm "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" ...uh...baby.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with my patience on the phone with them...and now that I know that HULU exists, I am okay with catching up on the last three episodes of Grey's Anatomy and Heroes sometime this week. I'm even trying to be okay about re-setting up my prioritizer.

Things I'll miss:
  • Justin Timberlake's SNL episodes. Because "Bring it on down to Omletteville!!!!" is the funniest thing EVER.
  • Rob and Big's episode where they dressed up like two ladies on a cereal box.
  • Eddie Izzard's "Dressed to Kill"

I just really want it to be here tonight, because I am ADDICTED to "The Biggest Loser." Yes, I know it's reality TV and I should be ashamed for watching it. But it IS motivating...and sometimes even eye-opening as to why I might be reluctant to shed my excess weight.

Look, at least I'm no longer watching "Survivor." (sigh) I'm a work in progress.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I hope you get it soon. I love my DVR also. Have a great day.

Unknown said...

I never heard of Hulu before! Thanks for introducing it to me!

Patty said...

I L.O.V.E. Rob and Big. They are hilarious. I also love that episode.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I could NOT have survived the last year without hulu.com. Seriously.

I tried looking for Omletteville and couldn't find it. I could only find Homelessville, which I remember seeing before. I so want to see the other one now! If you find it, let me know!

Chubby Chick said...

I just discovered Hulu this week! lol And I love Biggest Loser, too. Don't forget... it's on again tonight! I hope you can watch it!

Craig said...

You might also look at Veoh.com to satiate your WB needs... You know, for all those times you need to watch Smallville or Tyler Perry.... I'm just going to stop there. Hulu is pretty darn spiffy.