Friday, February 20, 2009

You've got to be freakin' kidding me...

First, I just want to say that I tried Fiber One Bars in the flavor of chocolate mocha. It tastes like coffee flavored ass. Maybe the ass of the coffee bean? I don't know. What I do know is that they should rename it as "coffee in the shape of bars with the texture of oats -- now with 800% more fiber!"

So I hardly ever do this, but I decided to call and complain...because I do like their other flavors. Typically when you complain at the number on the box, they give you coupons. And I'm all about free things these days. Anyway, I'm giving the lady my information ... she asks for my name and I said, "It's Anne - A-N-N-E" and then we went on to my last name which is "Not Kennedy." When she read me back my information RIGHT after I gave it to her she was all "Okay. So your name is Annie" and then just spelled my last name. And since she was nice, I just agreed. Only, I pronounced my name. It's Anne. Pronounced the same as "Ann" but NOT "Annie." OMFG I wish that didn't annoy me so much.

Secondly, my best friend is coming in town this weekend. Her flight gets in in about an hour and a half and I thought a nice touch to her coming to see my place was for it to not smell like dog badly. So I decided to vacuum up all the dog hair I could see. I do this twice a week and am amazed that my dog has any hair left on her body. Seriously, when I empty my vacuum bag, I'd swear a Sasquatch has been in my house. But alas, I digress.

So I just got done vacuuming and then my power goes out. It goes out even though I'm done vacuuming. Why? I don't know.

So I walk outside to flip the breaker. I walk back inside and see that my TV is on (it was when the breaker tripped). Only it has this on it:

Only at that time, it was only 1% complete. It's been an hour and a half.

My hope is that when I get back from picking up Peoria Kelly that it will miraculously be working. It was just over a year ago that I had to replace my TV...and I'm just not up for dealing with TV/DVR related issues again.

P.S. Since I took that picture, it is now up to 67%. I'm trying to contain my excitement.

11 comments:

Happy Fun Pants said...

Also? My clock is currently 18 minutes fast. So that picture was really taken at about 10 'til 8.

You know...it would've been funny if I would've put all sorts of weird crap up next to the TV for the picture. Stuff so that when you looked at it, you'd be all WTF is up with her? Why would she have a sock monkey, a chain of paperclips, a bottle opener, a poison control magnet, a bottle of Nair, and the "W" book of the Encyclopedia Britannica on the same table her TV is on? No WONDER she can't land a date.

Happy Fun Pants said...

My clock is now set to the right time.

kristi said...

WTF is on your table? Two half-eaten hard boiled eggs and a giant cork with a clock in it?

Sorry about the blue screen of death on your TV.

Happy Fun Pants said...

Kristi: Yes - that is exactly where I keep half-eaten hard boiled eggs. That's not weird is it?

:)

Umm...they're candles. And my clock is in a wooden block (butcher block style).

The thing on the right is a iPod speaker thingie.

Jen said...

So is the TV back in working order?? Inquiring minds want to know!! Enjoy your time with your friend!!

Jen

Mark and Joella said...

Good luck with the tv...hopefully it is back in working order. Also, I just noticed that your blog entry 'The gays come up with all the good stuff' is on BlogHer right now.

Papier Creatif said...

Hi Annie! Came across you on Twitter and read your blog. You are too funny, girl! Keep bloggin' and when you get bored of blogging, you can do paper crafting, like moi! It's another nice little addiction you can add to caffeine, blogging, sex, etc...

Amy said...

Have a great time with your friend. I hope you got the t.v. working.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I hope you had fun with YOUR Kelly!

Craig said...

I too have a love of the Fiber One bars. I almost bought the Coffee flavor ones this weekend, but reverted to Chocolate Chunk at the last minute. Thanks for the warning.

McG said...

I'm sorry... I'm going to be an engineer male here - you need a UPS for your TV. And no, I'm not talking about a deliveryman, but those aren't ever bad to have, are they?