Monday, February 16, 2009

525,600 minutes

Last week, was a very important anniversary of sorts. Well, maybe not "very important" but something blog-worthy. :) See, a week ago today it had been year since I started blogging openly on Blogger. You might notice posts that went back before then - but that's because I stole them from my myspace blog (which I found out keeps only the 4 most recent posts).

I had used it before then to keep my thoughts - an online diary of sorts that was available to no one other than me. But it became evident that I had much crap to share with everyone. Some funny, but mostly just pathetic. :)

In the past year, I went from 1 view per day to over 40. I know...it's small potatoes compared to you guys, but that's some serious growth in one year! I started to think of other ways to measure the progress of my blog. And that's when it hit me.

This weekend, I was listening to Rent's "Seasons of Love"...and realized that that would be a cool way to benchmark my blog-iversary. I've been through some changes this past year. I fell in love, I decided to get healthier, I mourned the loss of something that I know will never be, and I've started to realize that I might be enough...I started to love ME. I've realized that this past year COULD be measured in love - and much of it given from you.

If you're not gagging on the syrup-like sweetness so far, let me just be clear. You have supported me in times when I felt so very unworthy of your support. You have cheered my successes and laughed with me in my complete failures. You ROCK.

And since it's my blog, I've decided to share my 10 favorite posts in no particular order. No really, there is no reasoning behind this list...and I'm trying to decide if it is worth putting it in some kind of order or if I should just take a pill to stop my eye from twitching.

Steadfast
Just Like Lance...only not
At least my hair looks cute
Why you should join Facebook and why my friends want to de-friend me
Many the Miles
Shiny Happy People (Holding Hands)
Letting It Be
You're what?
Why I peed my pants on the way to work today...
Today's Chemistry Picture

8 comments:

Amy said...

Wow a year of blogging that is so great. Congrats..

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog! You inject so much humor into your writing, and often say things I am thinking. Congrats on the one year mark!

turleybenson said...

Thanks for getting another song stuck in my head.

p.s. you one funny lady.

SuperDave said...

You are defintely a popular gal. It's because your are happy fun pants and are freakin hilarious.
I also like your honesty and candidness.

Patty said...

I also love to read your blog. I have cracked up many a times. Keep it up.

kristi said...

Your blog posts are the highlight of my day. I just wish that your blog was about pants. Hmmph.

Patty said...

Hey check out my blog. I gave you an award.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Um, yeah. That IS a big deal, and I know it. Congratulations.

Love!