Sunday, April 26, 2009

That's why they call them "sneakers" :)

Today I participated in the Cherry Creek Sneak 5K with my friend, Kelly.

We mostly walked it mostly because of my stupid, broken knees. Because she is a great friend, I never felt like I was slowing her down and that she wanted to kick me in the shins. We did the 5K in about 49 minutes, which was pretty impressive given that the start of the race was like my worst nightmare (aka like Christmas shopping at the mall) where there are PEOPLE EVERYWHERE WHO ARE MOVING SLOWLY. I deserve a prize for not pushing people. See, Mom? I did learn something in Kindergarten my senior year of high school college.

Because I know you all can't get enough pictures of me, TADAAAAAA!!!

Since I did not get express written consent to include a mighty sassy picture of Kelly, I won't post it here. Just picture the cutest, sassiest picture ever and that's pretty much what it looks like. :)

2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Good for you!!!! Doing it with a bum knee is an even BIGGER accomplishment!

Patty said...

Congrats. I'm glad you didn't let your knees get in the way!