Thursday, April 30, 2009

I know...

So yesterday just before noon, I decided to send the date guy an email. It said: I had a great time, hope you're having a great day, and sorry about breaking into your place to steal your pillowcase. You know, the usual post date stuff.

And it has been a lot of hours and he has not written back.

So I think that that's a pretty clear answer that he is "just not that into me." I'd like to shrug it off...and I'd like to say that it doesn't bother me at all. But then I remember that I'm human and it's okay to be bummed that a totally cute guy who's smart and seems to have his crap together doesn't like me back. For the record, I have read "He's Just Not That Into Me" and yes, I agree with his points- it makes me feel a tad better because it makes logical sense. GAH! Stupid logic!

Besides, I don't want a guy that has a great job...I mean, what would I do with all of those piles of money? They'd clutter up my place for sure...and that means more dusting. Not for me, but for the maid we'd have to hire.

In all seriousness, I think I'm taking this a tad harder because in a few days I will be one more year older. And even though I've done a lot in this year to be proud of, ending it with rejection wouldn't be my first choice.

2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

He's probably a crazed freak anyways :o) Dont sweat it!! The right one is going to come along!

Patty said...

Awww, man. Rebecca Jo is right. The right guy will come along. But I feel we're very similar in that we start to think "wait, he's a good guy why isn't he the right one for me?" I honestly don't have the answer to that. But now that I'm with my boyfriend, and it took him forever to come along, but I'm so happy I waited.