Thursday, July 09, 2009

It's what's on my mind today

Wow.

Who knew I could write a simple post about France and then get all sorts of comments and emails from caring, concerning people? Apparently you did. The dialogues that I've had offline have actually helped me recognize that there is much more under the surface that I need to deal with.

That's right. This crazy person that I represent on my blog? Apparently under that crazy, I'm a whole helluva lot crazier. I KNOW! Just when you thought that I couldn't get more attractive...

Actually, it's been such a blessing to have that revelation. Because now that I've acknowledged it, I can go about fixing it. But it's also a bit daunting. I honestly thought that I had dealt lots of crap. And it's frustrating to realize that the issue is just as present and that I didn't deal with it - or at least not all of it. Not unlike that "Whack-a-mole" game.

At any rate, this morning I received a particularly touching email that was full of sweetness and no judgement or preachiness (hear that, MB?). And so many emotions welled up that I almost started bawling right then and there.

So here's what I'm thankful for... the sun that helped get my happy ass out of bed so I could go on a run, that I read the email before going on my run, and that I could work through some of the anxiety on the run prior to coming to work. Also, that my iPhone Nike+ system worked with me, because honestly, sometimes it doesn't. AND that I haven't endured things in my life that are much, much worse. After all, it's not like I'm Mariah Carey. So really, I have a lot to be thankful for.

I know. This post isn't funny. It isn't uplifting, and it isn't what you come here for. But it *IS* me...and really, since this post isn't about pants, I guess it does belong in my blog.

So, thanks for bearing with me in my not-so-very-funny posts, too.

1 comment:

monica k said...

From my point of view ... we should all appreciate the many facets that contribute to the whole YOU!! I personally wouldn't trade any of the parts ... they make up the unique package that is you :-) Anyway, sounds like you have much on your mind these days ... give me a call if you want :-) It was great hanging out with you last time ... maybe we should do it again?? LOL