Monday, July 27, 2009

Terror via TV

Dude.

Did you know that there is a show called "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" on TV?

It's true.

And that, quite frankly, terrifies me. Just the *thought* of the phrase is enough to make me sign off any dating site, bite my lip, and cross my legs. Not that I'm doing anything these days that could even resemble baby making,* but GOOD GRIEF! I even have to turn the channel when they're advertising for the show.

I even watched an episode...hoping that it wasn't about what I thought it was about. Alas, it turns out it *is* about women who went 9 whole months, had their periods monthly, didn't "show", didn't have any other symptoms of being pregnant, and STILL had a baby in some devastating situation (abandoned cabin, bathroom of a fast food place, in a clown car, or in their high school gym).

It's the stuff that nightmares are made of. In fact, I've had nightmares that went exactly like that. Only I also had to recite state capitols and their matching states while giving birth in front of my band teacher.


*It's been awhile is all I'm saying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't know the TV show existed... but this is EXACTLY what I was talking about after your April 7 post. By the way, how's Pete these days?

Rebecca Jo said...

I watch this show every time & say "NO WAY"... but I now have a friend who is convinced she's PG now BECAUSE of this show!!! SHe thinks shes going to have a baby any day now.... I remind her she has to have sex first!!! :)

Gemfit said...

This show terrifies me. Coupled with the fact that my mother just told me recently that when she was preggers with me, she had no morning sickness or cravings etc.

I have forbidden myself from watching the show now. ARGH.