Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Only 3 more hours...

I had a great Sunday night, which led me to be supremely tired yesterday morning.

To fix this, I tried to go to bed much earlier last night. But see, there's a cute guy that I wanted to talk to first. And in the middle of him being cute, we started talking about songs that we like. Since I LOVE that kind of stuff, I stayed up to talk to him. THEN I finally went to bed, only to be woken up by horrible storms, tornado sirens, the sound of sheets of rain spilling over my gutters and hitting my back door (and then the knowledge that rain was seeping under my back door). I was up for an hour or two after that just trying to calm down again.

Long story short, I woke up this morning feeling more tired than I was yesterday. I skipped my run, vowing to make it up to myself tomorrow.

I got to work and today has been a shitastic day already. Seriously. Everything I've touched has gone wrong. I've been stressing out more than I usually do (likely due to the lack of sleep).

The silver lining? Because of the storms last night, it's cooler today and that means that I get to run at lunch. It's not the 4 hour nap I so clearly want/need, but it's a way to at least de-stress so I don't kill a co-worker. By accident. Or maybe a little on purpose.

3 comments:

Happy Fun Pants said...

Turns out that when you're dead tired, and you go on a 2 1/2 mile run, you become even more tired.

Oh, and you don't run as fast.

Fantastic.

Sally said...

No killing people!

Prison is a terrible place to find a soul mate.

monica k said...

over here still chuckling at your post ... and comment ... really?? tiredness is not cured by running?? who'd'a thunk?? :-)