Monday, August 04, 2008

More proof that I am, in fact, a fairy tale princess

So I've been noticing me spending more time in my bed the last several months. And sadly, it's not what you're thinking.

I've been finding myself spending more time sleeping - but then getting up and being sore, cranky, still tired, and wanting to sleep some more. At first I thought it was just that I was getting old. Then I thought that I might be depressed.

But, after realizing that I'm only 31 and that any usual signs of depression have been vacant, I ruled it as being something wrong with the way that I was sleeping. I realized that this has only been since living in my new place and that it was getting worse as the weeks wore on.

Sunday morning I woke up and my sides were so sore that I was starting to wonder if I had something wrong with my health. What if I had a tumor? What if I had sleep apnea? OMG would I have to wear one of those sleep apnea masks to bed?

I sat straight up in bed and immediately started googling "sleep apnea masks." Which is when I noticed that my mattress was slumping slightly beneath my trim, 110 pound body. :)

Sure enough, after further investigation, the slats beneath my box spring mattress were pretty much at my head and feet. Apparently that slight dipping was enough to disturb my beauty sleep.

It's not quite the "Princess and the Pea" story, but it's as close as I've come to being a fairy tale princess. Except for when Lisa's J thought that I looked like the lady from "Enchanted." Which, incidentally, cemented her as my favorite 3 year old. EVER.

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

And if J thinks you are a princess, well, my goodness. YOU ARE.