Tuesday, January 27, 2009

And we love you, too.

This morning I was checking my email...and I overheard one of our young, new hires talking to a customer. At the end of the conversation, he said, "Okay. I'll fax that to you. I love you too. Bye."

And I was all, "Did you just tell that guy you loved him?"

Panic came over his face and he tried to think of what he might've said that SOUNDED like "I love you too" but came up with nothing.

He's trying to come up with reasons to not call this guy back. I've tried telling him that playing hot and cold like that is just mean. I mean, you can't just ignore someone after you say it... that's just not good customer service!

So I made a sign to hang on the outside of my cube.

It has the name of our company and then:
Largest Valve Manufacturer in the World...and we love you, too.

I'm thinking of having new business cards made up.

3 comments:

Craig said...

That made my day. I'm still laughing!

Ginger said...

SO funny. My kids call me Mom sometimes. This must be in the same vein.

And two things:

1. If the guy said, "I love you,TOO" does it mean that the customer said it first? If so, that's just smart business. Kudos.

2. OR If the guy said, "I love you, TOO" does it mean that the phrase is so overused that even when his wife doesn't say it first, he still says it out of habit? If so, it's the couch for him.

Happy Fun Pants said...

He doesn't *think* that the guy said it. And he's 24 and not married...but he does talk to his mom often.