Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Before your time

I'm 32.

And at night when I'm trying to decide if I want to watch another episode of "Golden Girls" or if I want to head off to bed, I try to remind myself that 32 is not old. It's more of a mantra that I say over and over again, but still!

At work, we use IM quite a bit to communicate. I love it. So since we can all post different pictures of us, I change mine up quite often.

Popular IM pictures of mine are of random objects, old ladies, daisies, babies, or Peanuts characters.

But last week I changed my IM picture to this:

And a co-worker (who is 25) asked me if it was a gang sign.

I explained to him that it's the sign that was on the chest of "The Greatest American Hero" and that William Katt is a brilliant, fantastic man who will always be my first love. And of course, he had no idea what I was talking about.

So I actually said, "It's from before your time." He nodded and went on with his day.

And I was sad...because 32 cannot be old (see mantra).

Just to prove my point, what was your favorite TV show when you were a kid?

8 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

32 is NOT old! I say that because I just turned 40 last week... and THAT is not old, either! hehe

My favorite TV show... hands down... was "Magnum P.I." I've still got a thing for Tom Selleck. I think he's as hot now as he was back then. hehe

Rachel said...

I remember how much you loved Ralph as a kid and when I saw the logo, it made total sense to me :) Though, I am sure there are many 30 year olds who don't know TGAH...so don't fret.

My favorite moment in being OLD, thus far, is that 70's music that we grew up with is now on oldies stations... WEEE...what a ride!

Mark and Joella said...

I agree...33 can't be old, because that means that I am old too :) My favorite show was the Fall Guy...I had a major crush on Lee Majors :) I also loved watching TGAH too.

Unknown said...

I loved that show, and now I have the theme song stuck in my head. I'll be singing it all day now! 32 is definitely not old. Try being 41!

Rebecca Jo said...

32? Oh you're still a fresh little chick!!! I'm 37... gotta keep a young mind!

My favorite show... I LOVED Beauty & The Beast - the TV show... it was only on 3 years, but I LOVED it!!!

Loved Growing Pains, Cheers, Cosby Show... some good comedies then!

Sally said...

"Believe it or not, I'm walking on air. I never thought I could be so free--eee-eeee."

I'm with you on The Greatest American Hero! I also loved The Facts of Life, Happy Days (oooh that Chachi), and Dukes of Hazzard (because of Bo and Luke Duke).

Yee-ha!

Happy Fun Pants said...

Oooh! You guys are bringing up some really good ones!

I loved Bo Duke. Or Luke Duke. I don't know...whichever one was blonde. Come to think of it, I also had a crush on the blonde guy from "Chips."

Clearly, I had a type at 5 years of age.

Kelly Story said...

John Schneider, aka Bo Duke, graduated from my high school!