Monday, May 11, 2009

Music week

Alright people, I feel like having a theme week... So TADA! You get subjected to my taste in music.

I think it's mostly because I added that little music tracker on my page. It's kind of like a one of those huge zits you used to get when you were in high school...or in my case, that I sometimes still get. Now that I know it's there, I'm focusing on it. The result is that every time I listen to my iPod or the radio and a song I like comes on the radio, I'm all "OMG! I totally need to feature that as my music pick of the week." It's only Monday and I already have WAY too many on the list.

So...I've decided to make it a music week - where for the next week, you'll get subjected forced encouraged to listen to a different music song that resonates with me.

Today's music choice is "Stand" by Rascal Flatts.




Feel free to click the button to hear this song! :)

The first time I heard this song, I was visiting Joella's myspace page. She had just added this song and I was amazed at how much it touched me.

It's been a favorite of mine during this weight loss phase of my life, because I guess it gives me the courage to stop victimizing anything that has happened to me. It gives me the courage to just try one more time and when I'm running, I run the hardest and fastest during this song.

Without further ado, here are the lyrics:

You feel like a candle in a hurricane
Just like a picture with a broken frame
Alone and helpless like you've lost your fight
But you'll be alright
You'll be alright

Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you stand
Then you stand

Life's like a novel with the end ripped out
The edge of a canyon with only one way down
Take what you're given before its gone
Start holding on, keep holding on

Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you stand (then you stand)
Yea, then you stand (then you stand)

Everytime you get up
And get back in the race
One more small piece of you
Starts to fall into place, yea
Ooohhh

Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you stand

If you want to buy the song, you can find it HERE on iTunes.

3 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

OK ... I'm not a fan of country music - never really listened to it.. .but I am totally LOVING this song!!! Love the line "Decide you've had enough, you get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands, shake it off - then you STAND"..


YES!!!!!!! Totally love a Country song - who knew?

Happy Fun Pants said...

RJ: Those are my favorite parts too :)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I've loved this one on my Girls' Weekend playlist, my friend. I still can't listen to that CD without crying at some point, and many times it's right around this song.

I love you.