Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Funky Tuesday - good times

Music week continues!

Yesterday I introduced you to a country song that I absolutely love...and today, we're gonna' get funky.

Among my friends, it is well known that I'm a huge DMB (Dave Matthews Band) fan...and a couple of years ago, my younger sister came up to visit me in Denver. We caught DMB and were SO lucky to see Robert Randolph and the family band as the opener. THEY ARE FANTASTIC.

You probably best know them from their "Ain't Nothin' Wrong With That" which is great!

But today's song is my favorite one by the band, titled "Good Times (3 Stroke)".

Although I'm not a huge fan of the wailing guitar at the beginning (I've never really been a Jimmi Hendrix fan) it gets so good as it gets going! Kind of like when you try a friend's food that she made to be nice and you have your doubts about it because it looks icky...but then as you taste it, you're all "How can I kidnap/blackmail her into making this at my house daily?" Or maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I dare you to start listening to it and NOT tap your feet to the tune in the middle. It's THAT good.

So, here's a bit of a dilemma. They DO have it on iTunes HERE. But the clip that they have isn't going to give you a taste of it. I tried to find it on the same site as yesterday's song, but that was NOT the song. YouTube has many versions, but they're live and to be honest the person holding the camcorder is lucky that I didn't come through the computer and slap them on the head for talking through the performances.

So, that leaves us with this option, via lala.com (my older sister's advice). Hope it works!

No comments: