Sunday, May 03, 2009

Losing feeing in your boobs...oh, and flowers

Today is my birthday. :) I am thirty-two years old.

And I just want to say that I had a pretty darn good birthday.

Matt and Kelly took me out to a great burger joint last night (my choice) and we had a great time. To show what a great time we had, we opted to take pictures.

I was feeling pretty good about my age until I saw this picture:


And that's when I realized that being 32 means that you lose all feeling in your boobs. I had no idea she was touching my boob!

Alright, she swears she wasn't actually touching it, but can I just say that it was very disconcerting to see the picture and not remember that sensation?

Okay then. It was very disconcerting.

Anyway, today I slept in, cleaned up around the house, and went to Home Depot to buy mulch for the backyard and some pretty, pretty flowers. :) I planed them and am really happy with the results! I meant to go outside and take pictures earlier... But because I'm a procrastinator, all you get are these pictures that I took in a hurry as it started to rain. This picture of my front garden doesn't do it justice - there are some great colors in the flowers and (of course) there are some really cute Marguerite and Shasta daisies. :)


And can I just tell you how fantastic my mom is? She sent me these flowers...aren't they beautiful?So all in all, I had a pretty darn good birthday weekend.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to yell at the meddling neighbor kids to get off my lawn, slather myself in anti-wrinkle eye cream, watch "Murder She Wrote," and then have a nice cup of warm milk.

8 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

I was totally cracking up at the picture! Oh, only a TRUE friend can grab a boob :o) Maybe you just had alot of padding? I know that would be my excuse...

love those flowers... they are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday!! I am glad you had a great weekend! Your pictures are too funny! I am too love the flowers!

Again Happy Birthday!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Love the pictures and the flowers.

Ginger said...

Glad to see you had a good (and happy) birthday. And what a sweet way to celebrate - boob touching.. I mean flower planting. Now the latter sounds dirty. (!)

Seriously, Happy Birthday!

Love you,
g

Kelly said...

Glad you had a great time; we did too! For the record I wasn't actually touching your boob, but rather I think a magical mix of Matt's angle from 6'4" and our turning in towards each other helped make the image a success!

Beautiful flowers and nice job on the spring planting!

Kel

Kelly said...

P.S. thanks for not posting the picture of my boobs coming out of my shirt...that would've been a boobtastic entry!

Kelly

Craig said...

Happy birthday. Yah - the police as classic rock and Smashing Pumpkins in the grocery store.. It's a hip old?

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

God, I suck. I totally didn't send you any birthday wishes, nor did I come to CO to grab your boob. Dang it.

But I do love you.

Happy 32nd my love. Another year older, wiser, and (perhaps?) funnier.