Thursday, May 21, 2009

No, I'm not on any drugs of any kind (not that there's anything wrong with that)

I've been challenging myself to write about whatever is on my mind - to not censor as much as I have been in the past. I know, you're wondering how the zit post made it past the censor sensors...and all I can say is that I DON'T KNOW. The censor sensors are apparently faulty. The result? Posts like this. Consider it my gift to you.

--------------------------------------------

I thought about writing a poem called "Ode to Reduced Fat Cheese Nips" where somewhere within the prose, there would be something about Cheese-Its tasting like complete crap and how they are not at all on the same level as Cheese Nips.

But then I realized that my creativity was blocked by the age-old "Cheese Nip deficiency." It seems to be a medical condition. Sadly, the only cure is to eat some. What? It's SCIENCE. And I can't argue with that.

So I ate a couple of handfuls and now I've got this:



Ode to Reduced Fat Cheese Nips
by Anne Not Kennedy
Oh Cheese Nips
You are so very tasty.
I like you a lot.
Get in my belly now.


It's a work in progress...and as every creative person knows, you can't really rush it. I don't want to give a bunch away, but let's just say there is also a song in the works too.

3 comments:

Jen said...

The line "Get into my belly now." Totally cracked me up!! You are one Silly girl! I am glad it passed the censor sensors!

marc said...

Cheese Nips do suck ass, but it is freaking FUN to say. Cheese Nips.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

OMG! For ONCE we disagree -- in the W girls' household, we think Cheeze-Its ROCK!!! But yes, the only cure to thinking up poetry about queso-flavored crackers is to eat some.

Mmmm...