Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bike to work day


Today is Colorado's Bike To Work Day.

And even though I live quite a distance from work, I'm going to participate... by biking PART of the way to work.

I'm nervous because our company has actually entered a competition with other small companies (clarification: our company is big, but our office in Denver is small) and right now (according to our coordinator) we are in the lead with people.

I committed to going, I scoped out my route yesterday and I am relatively excited to go.

I couldn't sleep all night because I kept waking up, sure that I had slept through an alarm and not left me enough time to bike to work. Then I'd be called a wussy and likely stoned.

So - I'm off to work (okay, after I pack my bag).

Like I say to my dog every day when I leave:
Okay, I love you. I'll be back later. Be a good internet*, guard the blog* while I'm gone.

* = with Chassis, I say girl and house, respectively. :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am so impressed!! How did it go? Did you have any mishaps like last time? Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

monica k said...

I want to throw my vote in with Jen ... dying to hear how it went and impressed that you were doing it at all ... pretty sure I am either completely lazy or a huge wuss!!