Sunday, September 21, 2008

Catching up...

First, yes - I know my header sucks. But I'm working on fixing it. Really. Right after I finish this beer Bible verse.

Things have been going really well for me this week - I've actually kept up with the re-organization and actually allowed (gasp!) Monica to come over to my place this weekend. Monica and her daughter, Lexi, used to watch Chassis when I used to travel with my old job. They both swear that she's grown because she now is officially the size of a small pony. Speaking of ponies, I'm working on trying to find a saddle for a Halloween costume for my dog. If anyone knows of a good place to get one, please let me know! This is the closest that Elizabeth and I came to making Chassis a small horse.
In other news, I joined a gym and have worked out every day since I joined. Except today. And no, for all you smart asses out there, I did not join yesterday. :) It felt a little weird not going today - and logistically, I can't really go tomorrow. So I'll have to skip it for two whole days in a row. I don't want to turn into a gym rat (or any rat for that matter), but I do love the feeling of getting rid of stress. Plus, I when I'm on the elliptical machine, I don't have to worry about falling off or endangering the lives of pedestrians.

So, I also ordered some fantastic hair stuff from QVC. It's the same stuff that I've been using, I just found it cheaper there. I recognize that I'm one of the few people under the age of 75 that ordered stuff from QVC...I'm sure they were shocked that I didn't want to order a matching quilt or shiny ring along with it. I was bummed when I opened up the package just to find that two of the products had apparently exploded in the box. Not only did it look like I had opened up two bottles that were clearly enjoying themselves, but it was messy. So I called QVC and told the guy that my bottles had leaked. I was all prepared to deal with having to send back the offending package when I was told that they would just ship two new bottles out. This is where I say that the bottles weren't exactly 100% exploded. I only lost about 10% of the product. I got up and did my happy dance. I'm not going to tell you how much these bottles were, but let's just say that two free bottles will make buying a saddle for Chassis easier.

Lastly, I got my energy bill yesterday and noted that it was HALF of the amount as the month before. Sure, this is due to me being cost conscious and earth conscious. But what really excited me was that it just means that that's more money for beer my IRA.

So really? Things have been pretty damn good this week. If I get the courage, I'll post a blog about how badly my fantasy football team is sucking. Seriously, they keep getting beaten like the redheaded stepchildren they represent. (sigh)

No comments: