Thursday, September 04, 2008

What I'm not doing today

Today the guy that is nationally in charge of all the people who do what I do is in town. He is in town to interview the people who applied for the manager position for the people at our location that do what I do. I did not apply.

When it came down to it, it just didn't feel right. It's a job that I normally would've jumped for the chance to apply for...but I guess it's me getting older, wiser, learning to not find my self-worth in titles, or plain old just more full of myself. See, the headaches that would be involved in that job aren't going to be offset by enough money to warrant said headaches. And I guess I feel that my time is worth more than that.

It is weird though as I'm pretty sure that there are only two candidates and one seems like a significantly better choice than the other. And not just because he prances and the other spits seeds at me.

So today? I'm just going to do my job.

No comments: