Monday, September 29, 2008

Just call me Betty Crocker

Okay, so by now you might need to know that my co-worker, Lance, and I have a love-hate relationship. I would say brother-sister relationship, but the truth is, I'm not sure that either one of us would've made it out of our childhood alive had we been related. I'm by far closer to other friends in my life, but because we share a cubicle wall, I probably know Lance better than his wife knows him. Err...in different ways.

On a side note, Lance will likely be my boss. And I'm worried that that might change our relationship. I mean, shouldn't he have thought of that before he even interviewed? Yeah, I thought so too. The decision should be final this week and I'm a little worried. Obviously, as his friend, I want him to get the job. But selfishly, I don't want to lose a friend.

Anyway, Lance has his strengths. One of which is picking a great fantasy football team. I won our league last year - but I think Lance won almost all of the games.

We recently decided to bet (as we did last year) that whichever one of us won this week, the other would have to be the sissy and bring a baked good item. Last year, I brought banana bread for our first match up and he brought muffins the second match up. We were even.

This year, we only play once. And as of this morning, I was winning by 15 points. He had two players still to play tonight.

The game just went into overtime. Our score? Me: 93.68 Him: 97.02. My score is set. His score gets decreased by 3 every time Baltimore scores a touchdown. So even if Baltimore scores one more time I'll still lose by 0.34. Which means, barring Ward getting three negative yards, that it's impossible for me to win.

And that SUCKS.

No comments: