Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Clarification to my BLL letter

RE: the post below

It's important that you know that my endorsement of Bud Light Lime is biased. I already liked the taste of Bud Light. So I don't want to start hearing about your new high-falootin' beer choices and how I must be white trash since I think Bud Light is tasty. It's not like I'm saying I like Shlitz Malt Liquor! It does not compare to Blue Moon or other choices I'd rather drink. But it is only 2 points a beer. If you don't know what I mean by points, please for the love of anything you can over indulge on, count yourself lucky. Also, I learned to tolerate appreciate the taste of beer near St. Louis - and because AB has a big presence there, I drank Bud Light. Even though I'm this close to the cold Rockies, I don't typically choose Coors (pronounced "coo-rs" here in Colorado versus "cores" like people from anywhere else) products.

Here's a fun tip: my friend says that anything with lime in it makes her break out in cold sores. And I don't want to be blamed for ruining your job interview, your chances of being asked to the prom by that special someone, or even your Facebook pictures.

Also, I'm kidding about being drunk or even drinking often. I don't want to start getting the AA literature slipped underneath my door, concerned emails, or be on A&E's "Intervention." I joke about being drunk because it's something that makes me laugh. Well, being drunk makes me laugh, but joking about how much someone could drink is funny. (sigh) Okay, you're right. It shouldn't be. It's an illness. I GET IT. When I was talking to a co-worker yesterday, I was aksed if I really did drink that much. And that's when I realized that you, dear people, might not know that I am kidding 99.9% of the time. Just to put it in perspective, that's a bigger percentage than Ivory is pure.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to get back to my drinking very important work.

No comments: