Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Even the dog misses you!

The concert was so much fun! They estimated that over 50,000 people were at the festival on Sunday...and we were thrilled to be two of them.

The car ride took 2 1/2 hours to get to the park - which is pretty amazing seeing as how I live 20 minutes away. We decided about one hour in to play 20 questions. Who says you can't have fun without a DVD player in the car?


Beacuse of this, we missed Rodrigo y Gabriela - a sad fact that will likely leave me feeling unfulfilled on my deathbed. BUT we opted to stay there instead of going home for a nap.

We got to see the Flobots - a Denver band that is starting to make it big. Not my favorite band by any means, but I think that they had a lot of energy and it was a great starter to the festival. :)
Long story short my mom ended up buying us beers. :) That's really the best gift a mom CAN give their kids (please take note Ginger, Joella, and Mrssa - you can never start too young!). If you listen closely, you might be able to hear the girl behind us sing a verse of "Hakuna Matata" and then promptly fall into a trash can.
Finally we got to where the DMB concert would be held. We had to grope, grab and make deals but we got a GREAT standing area - one that was where we were surrounded by people. And just to prove that we do not take all of our pictures at an arms length pointed back at us, here are some pictures.



We had a great time. :) If the pictures look blurry to you, it's because you inhaled. I'm not sure since these were taken with Elizabeth's camera but I think the camera was high too. Seriously, I think everyone around us was high, including the 6 year old that was asleep on the ground in front of us. At one point, Dave even sniffed the air, commented on it, and laughed.

The best thing about the concert was that the band was clearly having a great time. And who wouldn't love to play for a fantastic huge crowd with me and E in it?

We came back home, slept for three hours and then got up to go to the airport and work.

Which meant that when I got home yesterday, I slept very well. :)

My point is, after a great weekend like this, I miss my little sister. :)

And Chassis is missing her cuddle buddy. :)

3 comments:

lizardlove8496 said...

it was the best time ever! i am so glad that we got to enjoy such a great time together and with seemingly millions of high and drunk people.
i love you and miss you! and chassis too. my bed had too much room in it last night to not have a dog just few pounds lighter than i in it. you will have to tell her she is missed and loved

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! I love a good, old fashioned, 50,000 of your closest friends music show-and the blurry picture add to the realism!

Jen said...

Seems like you girlies had a great weekend!! I love the picture of E and Chassis!! Too cute!!