Sunday, July 20, 2008

PSA for DJs

So the picnic was a lot of fun!

I'm not sure how many danes and people were there, but I do know that we raised $5000 for a great cause. And someone got a little bid happy at the silent auction...so let's just say that wine is my new best friend.

The best thing about the picnic was that there were two 17 year olds who were DJing our event. They played such great hits as "Motown Philly" by Boys to Men, "Mambo #5" by Lou Vega, "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Lepard, "Cotton Eyed Joe" by that band, and other crappy music. They weren't a huge hit of the picnic and I was amazed at the poor selection of music.

Until I figured out that since their music stopped at circa 1999, they didn't play any Nickleback.

And that, my friends, was fantastic.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I hope you still want to be my friend when I tell you I like Nickleback!!

Glad the picnic was a success and you had fun!!

Happy Fun Pants said...

Jen,

Nickleback couldn't separate us. :) After all, we went to prom together! :)

I still love you. :)

~A

Jen said...

I think it was homecoming but non the less you are right we are stuck!! Hee!!