Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Work, take 2

So I went in yesterday after taking Vicodin.

Here's what happened:

I started to get foggy, my reaction to picking the right word was..................slow.

I almost got fake karate-chopped and kicked in the face by a co-worker (no, I'm not kidding - but it was funny).

Then I realized I was HIGH as a kite. Ooooh! It was fun!

Then like 15 minutes later I realized I was so not doing well. It was as if I was in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" where things SEEM like they're going well and then you get in the boat in the tunnel and Charlie starts singing that uber weird song.

Things started to get creepy and I started to get dizzy, sleepy, and nauseous at the same time.

After tossing my cookies and fighting the strong desire to fall asleep on our bathroom floor, I opted to go home. I pretty much passed out as soon as I got home. Seriously, I am not even sure that I petted Chassis as I walked in the door - I just walked back to my bed and slept. Fully clothed on top of the sheets.

But now I feel better.

So I'm just going to take Tylenol or Ibuprofen and deal with the pain. Because that "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" song is still stuck in my head.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Sorry your Wonka moment turned into an exorcist one. I hope you are feeling better. Honestly, tooth drilling scared me a hell of a lot more than the idea of giving birth naturally. Fortunately I didn't have to find out.

Hooray pain meds!

Hang in there and get well soon!